Terms of Reference
The content of this Code of Ethics applies to all those involved within the sport of Swimming, Diving, Water Polo, Open Water Swimming and Synchronised Swimming. The Code of Ethics should be read in conjunction with the Swim England Codes of Conduct contained in Wavepower (Swim England Child Safeguarding Policy and Procedures).
Swim England Code of Ethics
All individuals within the Swim England aquatic disciplines will at all times:
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person, be they adult or child, treating everyone equally within the context of the sport.
- Respect the spirit of the sport adhering to the rules and laws in and out of the pool, incorporating the concept of friendship and respect for others.
- Promote the positive aspects of the sport and never condone the use of inappropriate or abusive language, inappropriate relationships, bullying, harassment, discrimination or physical violence.
- Accept responsibility for their own behaviour and encourage and guide all Swim England members and parents of junior members to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and conduct.
- Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in accordance with Wavepower (Swim England ((ASA) Child Safeguarding Policy and Procedures).
- Conduct themselves in a manner that takes all reasonable measures to protect their own safety and the safety of others.
- Promote the reputation of the sport and never behave or encourage or condone others to behave in a manner that is liable to bring the sport into disrepute.
- Adhere to Wavepower the Swim England Child Safeguarding Policy and Procedures.
- Adhere to the Swim England Anti-Doping Rules.
- Adhere to the Swim England Equity Policy.
- Adhere to the Swim England Laws and Regulations.
- Adhere to the Swim England Codes of Conduct.